Happy New Year all and I hope your holidays were full of tons of fun, good eats, and quality time with family! Mine sure were. Dare I say, full of too much food. Yep, I said it. I’m on food overload and ready to start back with some simple and healthier recipes.
Now, that said, these buffalo chicken rolls aren’t exactly the healthiest, but they are simple. We’ll save the healthy for later this week.
But, trying to save myself with the healthy thing, the first time I made these rolls, I did use whole wheat pizza dough. Fair’s fair.
Back to business…these are super yummy, are great for a snack, meal, or party appetizer. I made these for a New Year’s Eve party. The right amount of heat and then the dough together are a great savory combination.
- 1 can crescent roll dough (about 8 rolls)
- 3/4 package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or ground through a food processer
- 1/3-1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you want it.
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded mixed cheddar cheeses.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- flour, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with a hand-held mixer, combine the cream cheese, ground cooked chicken, hot sauce, and ranch dressing until well mixed, about 5-7 minutes on a medium speed.
- Unroll out crescent roll dough onto a floured surface and being to scoop buffalo chicken mixture onto the middle of each of the crescent triangles. About a tablespoon works best.
- Top each roll with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and fold over and pinch shut to ensure no filling spills out while baking and place in a baking dish.
- With a brush, brush the melted butter and garlic over the rolls. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.