Hello all! It’s been a bit of time since I’ve been posting consistently and I fear that’s only going to get a bit worse. Oh well. I’ll figure this thing out eventually.
Anyways, happy holidays to all and to all a good night! Something like that, too, I suppose.
So in between baking, shopping, work, and preparing for travel, I’ve been going a bit crazy. Who’da thunk, huh? But I figured for this post, I wanted to work on something that reminds me of the holidays with a bit of a twist.
I always love pies, I mean, come on, who doesn’t? But I recently had the most amazing chocolate pie, compliments of my boyfriend’s mom. It was this rich, Hershey chocolate no-bake pie. And the recipe (I do believe!) can be found here.
I made a few changes. First, I used a regular milk chocolate Hershey’s bar and added about 10 extra Hershey kisses for more of the chocolate richness. I used mini marshmallows instead of large, and then I added cinnamon and vanilla for the flavor. Here’s my adaption!
- 1 8-ounce milk-chocolate Hershey’s bar & 10 hershey kisses
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp plus 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- Over a double-boiler, heat the milk and marshmallows until they start to form a paste and the marshmallows get smaller.
- Add in the chocolate and 1 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon and mix together thoroughly until fully melted in with no clumps.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with the 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract until soft peaks form and it is thick.
- Wait for the chocolate mixture to cool to at least room temperature and then fold in the cream mixture.
- Pour into a pre-baked or ready-made pie crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or until it begins to solidify and voila! You’re done!